View Single Post
Old 22-06-2017, 10:16 AM   #1
AdamE89
Starter Motor

Default Something is stuck in my ignition

Alright so bit of a backstory. Around 2 weeks ago I lost my car key. Had some important stuff in the car, so called RACV to open my door so I could get my stuff out. I asked him how much a locksmith would cost, he said just call RACV tomorrow and they will get you the cheapest quote and cover up to $150, (basic roadside assistance). Call them up, "yadadada" and $380 ($230 me) was cheapest quote. I told them that I'd have another look before I lock it in and if I can't find it, I'll call them back to book it in. Anyway 2 weeks later, I still haven't called them back or got a locksmith myself, so my car just been sitting there unlocked this whole time (nothing in it).

Anyway, the other day I'm on the RACV website and see the top roadside assistance package covers locksmith up to $300 and all I had to pay was an extra $33. So I do it, and am told to wait 24 hours to call back and the cover of up to $300'would be in effect.

As always happends, I find my key later that day.

I go to the car, open the door, put the key in the ignition and it ain't going in, some metal thing has popped up and prevented my key from going in.

https://i.imgur.com/nVPzy7Rr.jpg

I tried using some skinny picks to push it down and slide the key in but it doesn't bulge. Anyway, what happened, did the car go into lockdown because it thought the RACV guy was trying to steal my car or something and can I fix this myself or is the cylinder cooked?

Thanks for your time guys.
AdamE89 is offline   Reply With Quote