View Single Post
Old 24-02-2018, 09:03 PM   #22
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ridiculous eBay Fees!!

10 years ago the ****ers started belting on at swaps about "well that's what they get on eBay" so I began to counter that with "why the **** did you drag your lazy *** out here in the stinking heat and bring all your crap with you, if you could have sat at home & sold it on eBay? You want eBay prices, sell it on eBay then." One time I said that a fellow looker piped up with "probably too f-n dumb to turn a computer on."

Haven't noticed much of an improvement in the swaps that I go to, but mates who travel to the distant rural ones have said it's getting better again at those.
Did 20 straight years at Bendigo (father-in-law racked up 40, and got the hat) but I gave up 2 years back as I was pretty much coming home empty handed - just nothing around, or crazy prices - and you'd watch them take it all home again on Sunday. Wasn't worth the 2000km round trip anymore - apart from the social side of it with the interstate mates who all catch up.

Sydney swap was on last weekend, and it was reasonable - it usually is - but numbers were down (sellers). It looked like there were the same amount, but haphazard rows & sites all over the place made it hard to walk past everything for a proper look without doubling back all the time. Apart from being a mud pit, the guys who went up to Toowoomba said it was pretty good too - not spectacular, and still a far cry from 15 years ago, but still worth travelling interstate for.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote