View Single Post
Old 23-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #12
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ridiculous eBay Fees!!

I've been an eBay member for almost 20 years now. In the early days, I did some selling. Probably the last time I sold a few things was around 2009.
The constantly send emails about "no listing fee sundays" and other crap (whoopee, saves me $1 out of a $30 fee).

I've also been hammered to do surveys about what it would take to get members to start selling again. Not once do any of the questions mention fees - all they mention are bull**** rewards for selling - like vouchers & other rubbish.

Each & every time I've used the "other" box to fill out "reduce your exhorbitant fees" as the only reason I don't sell on there. It seems to fall on deaf ears, as the next survey has the same questions...

To me, this is a clear indication of desperation tactics - they're trying to get people back, as the fees are driving them away in droves.

It's also interesting to talk to people from other countries. If you have contacts overseas who use eBay in their native land, just ask them about fees. You won't be surprised to learn that once again we pay the "Australia Tax" to another global empire who claim it's a level playing field...
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: