View Single Post
Old 25-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #88
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: MORE HORSEPOWER, BETTER MILAGE, HIGHER TOP SPEED!! (well...sort of)

Update:

Due to the fact that I like to work in the real world and talk to real people and establish facts, I stopped off at my local Ford dealer on the way to work this morning and had a good chat to the bloke in parts.

Very Interesting indeed.

While they did have two undertrays in stock he was unaware of any Ford directive to sell them to customers of any Fiesta other than the econetic. I asked him if the tray would fit, he assumed it would but again would issue no guarantee. When I asked him if he had been told of any fuel saving benefit he said he didn't think this one part would do much and I was probably wasting my money - it was refreshing honesty from the bloke. He then went and asked several other employees if they knew anything about instructions to sell them and fuel benefits - no direction nor claims from Ford. He was very hestitant to sell me the undertray with me hoping for any fuel savings. He said the spares were for econetics, and the price was $280..... a bit more than $130.

However, I am aware that all Ford dealerships are privately owned and run, buying cars off Ford an on-selling them at a slight margin. I assume other dealerships may sell the tray cheaper.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote