View Single Post
Old 19-10-2017, 08:27 PM   #29
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Driving Test..... too harsh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
her first initial time on the road was the worst $350 i ever spent.....apparently i was paying him to talk about where all the tamagochi's were

the rest of the lessons were by me. Probably will just stop there, as it was a little stressful
I kind of dread the day I have to teach my son to drive. Yeah he is only 8 right now but the lack of interest in anything that's not a touch screen is something that concerns me. I missed the no green p plates thing by only a few months. That sucked. 0.2 booze limit till I was 20. It was my age that created that issue. I signed off on my what turned out to be but we don't get along now wifes log book as a p plater and somehow that worked. It's not 2005 anymore so I doubt that would work. What I can see from alot of the younger people I work with and I see it with my son all the time is it's not lack of focus. Its lack of spacial awareness. By that I mean the task at hand can have full focus but it's like a race horse with blinkers on. Anything happening around the focus point gets missed. I started young. When I was 12 I used to run my brother up the street for smokes when he was too far gone to drive. Yes it was stupid but so was I at 12. But at that age your brain is a sponge and you absorb things. I'm not saying throw kids in cars, quite the contrary. But maybe, just maybe explain things before it's the time to learn the physical aspect of driving so maybe things said prior have sunk in. My dad used to alway say to me as a kid on main roads indicate before you start looking for gaps to change lanes. His logic was if someone sees the indicator and leaves space when you look and see the gap then you can move in. That stuck with me as opposed to finding a gap then indicating and moving over on a person when they may not have known you were about to do that.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: