View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 03:08 PM   #315
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Many Ford dealerships already have subsidiary brands filling the gaps where they cannot get hold of stock, I think they are better managed than the Holden Dealerships.

The majority of Holden's sales were commodore, whilst other Brands were losing sales in large sedans they still managed to sell them well. But every other carmaker knew where that was heading.

Give ford some credit they wont be following the path of Holden. even if Toyota come up with an amazing V6 Hilux ford will still be selling the same ratio rangers to them as it stands.
But there is no amazing Hilux coming only speculation - Ranger will dominate - get on board
As soon as Holden went away from selling the decent Euro (Opel) stuff locally and turned to rebadged Daewoo Junk, it was the beginning of the end... Relying on sales in a segment that has done nothing but shrink didn't help... Comparing Ford to Holden is no longer relevant, one is still here, one isn't, its as simple as that.

You cant argue that Ford relies on 1 model for its sales, but is that really a bad thing, when that 1 model is either 1st or 2nd on VFACT Sales charts every month?? Sales are Sales, especially when the majority are Mid/High Spec variants (XLT/Wildtrack/Raptor) and in a model that's been on sale for 8/9 years?? The new one is a large step forward for the segment so I can only assume its sales will gain strength... I think Everest will poach sales as well once the new one is released with the V6 Diesel option....

Anyway, im just impatient for Release dates, specs and pricing to be released... Ive got a deposit/contract pending Price/Specs but even dealers cant tell me any more than that.. Apart from my salesman talking about May/June 22...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: