Thread: vFacts May 2019
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #51
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: vFacts May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000
Not trying to be a pain but I think that was my point from that previous post quote, next generation ranger to be coming out of North America, not the current model cycle which includes the 2021/2022 model which was the leaked wheels photos.

Short term there are immediate powertrain job losses, but longer term after ford launch the next gen Ranger,

If that quote I re posted is wrong all the better for the local guys as no one gets joy from seeing others loose their jobs however for me my hypothetical preference would be the ram.

Those who know the difference here can explain it better but apart from the hideous look of the BT 50, what mechanical differences are there between it and the ranger and if none, does anyone believe that a more appealing bt50 could have challenged ranger sales as they currently stand?
Just because they want them to share a platform doesn’t mean most of the work won’t be done here after they lay out the platform details. The platform is just something to build from. Still a long way from all that being figured out.

The 2 vehicles are so different i don’t even know how they expect to do it. 2 massively different requirements. The ranger goes small into the bronco and the f series goes massive into the superdutys that need to be massively strong and big. I think they will soon realise that they are facing an uphill battle making it all work. Its still a decade away anyway.

I don’t know how you can design a chassis that can handle towing 35,000 pounds, and making it work on something that will tow max 6,000 pounds, without making that vehicle significantly overweight and ridiculously over strengthened or having to have 2 completely different designs, which is what they are trying to eliminate in the first place. It makes no sense.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote