View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #132
whingey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Me!

But I'm a police sympathiser because I know a few of them, two of which are in traffic.

It is interesting to note that neither of them believe in the validity of current roadside revinue stream generation. This apparent reliance on hidden camera installations, are not actually delivering meaningful outcomes in lowering accident rates per kilometer travelled. Of course, that's just the opinion of two people, who happen to be road law enforcement officers. And they are in a position to support this view through ACCURATE data. Of course their view, is one that I agree with in it's entirity.

I feel for the highway copper, the negative interactions that they surely face day to day, but I also feel that they are obligated to conduct themselves with fairness and an adequate use discretionary judgement.

There in - lies the root cause, the increasing reliance on automated infringement generation. Governments view is that discretion will result in LESS revinue, and indeed it would.

But that's just my view.

tex
Well said..our collegues on this forum are under the impression that we want to be given immunity from any type of infraction, that is not the case. Like I said, the cops do an outstanding job in most cases. It's just that a few can give the rest of them a bad name which is undeserving. You can't please all of the people all of the time. My opinion is limited to the few who need to loosen the Glock belt a notch and lighten up.