View Single Post
Old 24-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #247
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80

And I'm saying with a good 2014 update and a Euro 5 emission update in 2016, E8 could be good for 2018.

Quite simply, there is no need to go to another platform...just integrate all the good bits from "One Ford"..

Yes but as Pursuit2359 and myself have been saying, its after this generation Falcon that Ford will most likely move to a global FWD platform. Its a no brainer. As to exactly when that will be - 2017, 2018, 2019, who knows. But it would be safe to assume that the 2014 update will last more than 2 years.

Theres the outside chance that the Falcon will continue on a shared platform with Mustang, but I think this is a long shot because;

It would still cost a lot of development $ to get a Falcon out of a Mustang, a lot more than adapting whatever the global large car FWD platform is at the time. Falcons sales figures dont give any incentive to bother.

Mustang is going global - why try to sell 4 door RWD performance sedans next to the Mustang? Mustang alongside a FWD family sedan makes more sense and appeals to more people.

Commodore is also going after this generation.

The writing is on the wall. Everyone has about 6 years to buy a RWD Falcon if they want one that much.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote