View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #36
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Evaporative cooling vs reverse cycle. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA-289
We just got ducted evap fitted and its killer got an ove rsized unit so it cools our large home easily (40deg+ in Adelaide last 2 days) with your budget i would say its the way to go, its cheap to run you can leave it on all week without worrying about power bills, plus you don't need to shut the house up, PLUS it gives us a cool breeze under our verandah from the open windows

That an awesome bonus of the evap unit's, because you have to open the house for them to work, it make just outside the house cool too, which in turn makes the inside feel a bit cooler too.

I have a probably 20+ year old evap on my roof and it will be replaced with a slightly bigger new evap unit that has a decent VSD on the fan motor. At the moment we have two speeds, Cat 2 Cyclone or Cat 5 Cyclone. When my girlfriend (now fiancee) moved in this time last year she complained about the temp in the house, but now prefers it to the freezer like conditions at her parents place.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote