View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 07:38 PM   #143
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
Couldn't agree more, I was thinking about this the other day, I couldn't come up with a reason to walk into a Holden yard.
The head has been cut from the snake and they are trying to keep its body alive...........

A circa $60K V8 Camaro in both auto and manual could help but even that probably won't save them.
Every time a new Commodore launched, I would always go down to the local dealer for a look. The new ZB............. couldn't care less. I have only seen two on the road, and one of those was the dealers demonstrator.

One the Mustang / Camaro -
With the Mustang in Fords range, it has drawn people to the brand that would have previously never considered a Ford. Its role has been to not only appeal to the rusted on Ford fans, but also lure customers new to the brand that may end up buying an Endura or Ranger in the future.
Holden lack this at the moment. No product to keep the faithful within the brand, and nothing particularly interesting or anything with a point of difference.

I know they had committed to certain volumes in the final years of local manufacture, but Holden relied to much on the Commodore in those years, as apposed to Ford who [B]deliberately[B] choked Falcon volume and transitioned to other product.

You could see this whole situation was coming from a mile off to be honest. As soon as the lights went out last October they have been a shot duck.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten