Thread: Roadtrips
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 12:29 AM   #33
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Roadtrips

Good to hear fella, how'd you go with those wombats between Blanchetown and the hill, i've never seen so many in that stretch in all my trips up the riverland and beyond.
We left at midnight Friday and was sort of in cruise mode until i saw the first one directly in our path, certainly gets your attention.
That stretch between the border and Merbein South is bad for roo's at the moment too, at one point i was sitting on 60k's as the way the scrub comes right up to the road shoulder doesnt fill you with confiidence.

It took us about 13hrs each way in the Terri so you did quite well towing the camper, we stopped pretty much at the same places and it cost about $320 in diesel which was quite reasonably priced, i paid less per litre at that servo across from the Macca's in Mildura than i do here in Adelaide.

Roads weren't too bad in the end, the worst probably the stretch between Hay and Goolgowi.

The 4 of us that went were sitting around this evening having a debrief of the weekends events and i said even if you never go again at least you can say you saw Falcons run on the mountain and my Nephew said, im not doing it again, i said didnt enjoy it mate, he's like, hell yeah, next year were camping, 1 day there isnt enough when it takes a day each way to get there and back.
Bring on 2019!!
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: