View Single Post
Old 25-02-2022, 09:52 AM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

It’s quite upsetting.

My dearest is ethnic Russian (born and raised in Latvia, driven out by splintering of the USSR and mandated restoration of assets to disenfranchised Latvians) but 100% “Russian” by pedigree and outlook. Thinks Vladimir Vladimirovich* is a strong, capable, handsome saviour - this view will never change and it’s one held by millions aged 50-upwards in many former Soviet countries… We will be minimising discussions of the matter, I think.

The trending of Ukraine towards a more “open” society - less surveillance and baby steps towards a fair-dinkum membership of the EU, will be missed. The deed is done, it has cost the instigator far less than decades of embedded emissaries to undermine and corrupt (per the actions of another superpower) - we are shown up again as stupid, weak and selfish.

* This is tantamount to calling him “Junior”, a boy in the shadow of a man. Just as I refer to another historical warmonger as “The little man”.
8 users like this post: