View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #12
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Takata Airbag Recall

Hi all,

We decided to become a one car family and so the MA got cleaned up and advertised.

Because I wanted to do the right thing by any new owner I contacted both my Ford Dealer and Ford Customer Service and quoted the two vehicle VINs to them. Their answer was, in both cases:

"there is no need for airbag replacement on either vehicle as the bags originally fitted are not subject to being faulty. When the cars are next serviced at a Ford Dealer a "field Service" sticker will be applied and that is the only action required.

As it happens the blue car got inspected by a potential buyer who asked about the air bag problem. I related the information I had been told and invited him to contact Ford Customer Service to get the information independently of me.

The PB was very pleased with the car, made an acceptable offer, and drove the car away last Saturday.

Yesterday my wife (who is the registered owner) got a letter from Ford, the first sentence reads:

"Your vehicle’s front driver airbag is faulty and it could kill or seriously injure you and other people in your vehicle"

Ford Australia are really doing a grand job of damaging the brand in this country!!

A quite scathing letter is on it's way to Ford's CEO. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a reply.

And I feel duty bound to let the new owner know, which I have done - goodness knows what he might think about my honesty level.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote