View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #13479
FGX008

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
The tyres on this thing pick up about half the road before entering my driveway. I pick out tonnes of asphalt stones from the tread every time. Each time I drive off it sounds like I have snow chains on.
I know this sound well Professor. I cursed it when I first took delivery of my car last year knowing the type of stone damage that could/was being done to my cars paint work. In fact I think I posted a rant about on this forum.

However I am now finding there seems to be a tampering of the peppering of stone noise (and other picked up material) from under the guards as the tyres get some klms on the clock so to speak. Currently 1,630 klms on the clock.

Not sure if I hearing things or just tuning out because at the end of the day IMHV the car needs to driven and paint chips are an unavoidable outcome of life. One thing I have learnt with the Kinetic blue colour, is that it seems highlight the paint chips compared to my previous Smoke coloured FGX XR8 which did not seem to draw attention to them. Not sure how you find the Victory Gold for highlighting any marks or stone chips.

Cheers, Brent
2 users like this post: