View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #26
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New and 2nd hand car prices in Australia... Why so expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
302XC I would expect $60 to be a reasonable price difference not $90........
Flappist..I also assume you were tongue in cheek...but nurses are paid more in USA than here...the biggest medical costs are what Drs charge...just like dentists...I am a nurse my wage isn't good, its only penalty rates that make it liveable..., when you consider the BS I put with from govco, patients and relatives...but this is going off topic...
Yes it was tongue in cheek and while US may be higher so are the costs of medical care whereas Asia is cheaper on both counts.

Remember that we have to run an ecomomy and the money has to come from somewhere.
If we directly import everything then why do we need any people employed in retail or wholesale for that matter.
So now what do we do with these extra millions of unemployed people? Public service jobs?
So we need more tax.
Tax business, they are all rich.
But business can't afford more tax unless it cuts expenses such as employees.
So now we have more unemployed.
More public service jobs? (note that this has been tried in QLD for the last 20 years and it did not work out so well)

Every time you import directly and not buy locally you erode the Australian economy and put Australian jobs at risk.

One day the job that goes might be yours and then you might not be able to afford to import anything.........

The cost of living is the price we pay for living as we do. If you want to pay the price other s do then look how they live as that is how you may end up.
3 users like this post: