View Single Post
Old 23-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: NBN so far, whats your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hows your NBN connection running since you switched over, happy or frustrated?

Let us know your thoughts, impressions, hints & tips please, hopefully this thread can be helpful for NBN noobs like me lol!!

My experience atm is its a bit hit & miss but when running good its real good, probably because of a faulty white box, not sure yet until its checked out by a Telstra tech.

cheers, Maka
You don't mention what connection you are running.

If you are running FTTN, then the general consensus is that it is worthwhile inspecting the cabling in your house, especially if it's older and has multiple phone points. People are reporting an improvement in stability and performance by spending some money having these eliminated.

It is worthwhile baselining your network sync speeds and checking over time. This will give you an indication of link quality.

If your "perceived" performance varies at different times of the day ie good during the day, poor an night and there is a pattern to this then you probably need to look at your ISP and whether they are providing a congestion free service to your area