View Single Post
Old 13-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #5633
MikeESP
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Guys,
Thanks for adding me to the group!

My first car was an XY Fairmont, which I fitted with a 289/TopLoader/9” in the late 80’s (it regularly ran over 140mph, so had to go when the speeding fines increased!), then an XF S-pac, and EB2 S...the latter two were “almost” stock (sort of!)... Ironically, I’m taking my son to pick up his first car this afternoon - a manual FG1 atmo XR6! That one will stay very stock - Lol

The bug bit again recently, and I bought an XE Ghia project, and now need an engine & gearbox... I was considering an FG Turbo & manual trans, but they are surprisingly dear as a package, with the added complexity of fitting an intercooler & piping. It’ll be a weekend car to enjoy, rather than being another land-speed record contender, so with the sound of a V8 still being very intoxicating, I’ve decided I want to go with a 5.6 Tickford Windsor & manual trans... but don’t know how available these are, and what $ they go for? I know 220kW 5 Litre’s are easily available, but I want that bigger, flat torque curve, without going for the weight of a Cleveland.

Any serious details, thoughts or assistance in finding a 5.6 (incl gearbox, loom & ECU) would be awesomely appreciated right now, as that’s the major task before getting the car on the road! Rather than reinventing the wheel, I’ll also be asking a lot of questions as I work through the other things that need to be done...

Thanks guys,

Mike
MikeESP is offline   Reply With Quote