View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #68
Phil B
Clevo power!

Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue
Hi Phil
You can get a radiator for your car just about any where find out if it's cheaper to fix yours or replace I'm not a big rap for second hand radiators as you never know what you are getting

A twin exhaust can be hooked up to the standard manifolds (as they are from factory) I would save up some money and get extractors with the twin system

You are running a 2 barrel carby so if you want to upgrade to a 4 barrel say a 600 vac you will need to change the inlet manifold to a 4 barrel one

I would save up some bucks and freshen up the engine new cam shaft hardened valve seats so you can run premium with out addative then a 4 barrel carby & manifold, extractors with twin system

This will make it more responsive and sound better

Cheers
Thanks, the coupe went into the mechanics today, one i know well and trust, and he said its stuffed, the fins are all breaking and theres a crack in it. problem is im in a small town and i dont thing theres a radiator shop. and yeah id go for a new one then not have to worry about it.

Thanks for the info on exhaust and carby, i didnt realise i'd need a new intake manifold. i was planning on giving the engine a freshen up later this year when im away and cant drive it, also when i get the paint done as ill drop the engine out to get the engine bay painted. i definitely planned on getting hardened valves to make it easier.

what brand of extractors fits and works well in a coupe?

The purple monster, daily BA XR6 turbo.

Scale Lego Technic XB Coupe with working bits! Build thread
Phil B is offline   Reply With Quote