View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #42
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: Evaporative cooling vs reverse cycle. Thoughts?

Funny enough got an oversized evap unit installed in the house just before Christmas (as ducted refridge was gonna cost 12k and its not hot enough of the year in Melb to justify it). But yesterday was the first real test for it as it hit 40.6 out here.

Looking at the temperature inside the house it was 23.5 all day. We were both happy with the temp and overnight we didn't notice that the lowest it hit was 28 deg.

I was worried about the whole humity issue and evap coolers but I was tols to turn off the water pump when the humity gets high and you will still get cool air....which has worked previously. So now were in day to and were pushing another day of 40+ deg and house is comfortable. Especially when I go out for a smoke and you relise that its not cool outside.