View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 06:06 AM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Army Night Flying - Sydney 07-03-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I used to live near a huge hospital, helicopters don't even wake you after a couple of months. Well apart from when they are so low things in the room are vibrating, not just the windows.
Comparing the Blackhawks at treetop height to the medical rescue helicopters is like our man’s aforementioned straight-piped Harleys, vs postie bikes.

I remain baffled by the “need” to fly exactly the same path so many times if it was for general training (if it were planned thus, targeted letterbox drops would have been practical/effective). My New Australian neighbours, who work all sorts of strange hours cleaning just to get a toehold in the place, were walking their dog back and forth on the footpath for a good hour after it all died down, simply to calm the poor bugger - it was too intense for anything like a Thundercoat to work. Their English isn’t good enough to research or understand the website mentioned earlier, and they are fearful of engaging with authorities.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote