Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2021, 08:40 PM   #15165
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I believe the vaccines available are the most important development and will save more lives than anything else developed in the last 20 years. I turned up in the first week I was eligible...so with that out of the way.

Mandating it where there is not the added risk factor of severely at risk people, like in healthcare, that is where the mandate should stop. We are already learning that all of the vaccines have relatively low efficacy (when compared to vaccines for other diseases) at stopping infection. The "do it for those around you" mantra is looking like a bad ad.

You vaccinate for yourself. Personal responsibility. If people want to take on the disease themselves let them. Losing a job because you don't want to get vaccinated in construction should not happen. You cant legislate silly out of people, but the road we are going down is becoming more destabilising than the disease.

IF the vaccine completely prevented infection there would be some merit. But it goes nowhere near that, so stop making rules as if it does.

5 users like this post: