View Single Post
Old 27-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #298
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Latest addition.......

Having been won over by the performance of the battery powered Stihl hedge trimmer I bought last year, I have added a blower into the mix.

Whilst petrol powered machines are still what I mostly use, I love the quietness of electric tools and that you don't smell like a muffler at the end of using them.

The BGA 56 uses the same batteries as the hedge trimmer I have, however it does seem to use up the power quicker for some reason. I would also prefer a variable speed throttle as apposed to all or nothing. Another observation with these tools is that the weight of them is mostly in the batteries, especially with the high capacity one of the two I have.

That said its great to be able to pick up the tool and just use it. No fuss.
Nice....How physically long is it ? Can't go wrong with Stihl and it proves that with Stihl , Husky and so on going into all sorts battery power equipment , there is a big market for them . Technology no doubt , not least battery life will get better and better. I know with Makita they already make a whole system you can run on one series of batteries ..

Back in the day I bought a Ryobi 14.4 V cordless drill that lasted a couple of years , only came with one battery . I ended up buying a second Ryobi 14.4V
drill but the battery was totally different . In those days not many manufacturers offered a twin battery pack either . I later bought an Icon drill that did come with two batteries (still runs okay 10 years on) and since then a more pro one , also two batteries but are not interchangeable with the previous set .

Now I've gone to Makita the LTH series will allow me to buy other skins and run on the same 18 V battery system ..Cool...Hope your new blower goes great for a long time.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: