View Single Post
Old 30-07-2016, 06:15 PM   #24
REDDYZ

Default Re: Even Deader Cougar in the driveway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz290 View Post
Also found a large white plug on the right side of the fuel tank. Is it a screw out plug or some type of plug that once removed its permanent and we'll need a new tank? I thought it might be an easier solution to draining the tank. Can't upload a pic.
I know the plug you are talking about. Its kind of hard to access being on side right next to the side rail. Not sure what's the purpose of it. When I had to empty fuel to drop the tank (to replace fuel filler neck seal which was a nightmare ), I didn't choose to undo it. If it is one of use plug then you will find it hard to find a replacement. If you do choose to undo it be mindful of the fuel pressure and put it back accordingly. Cheers.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: