View Single Post
Old 20-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #30
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Millennial drivers are highway hazards, survey shows

I had to endure a booring driver safety course today due to the 5 accidents the young guy at work has had since he start of last year. The instructor noticed out of the 2 vans and my ute, I was the only one to reverse in. When asked I explained that I have no rear visibility other then mirrors and have a big blind spot so its easier to see the space is clear then I can atleast see the traffic when I go to pull out. That was pretty much what the next 20 minutes of the course was about. The young guys reason was incase he needs to open the boot, and the old guys reason was because he always does parking in that spot. Their vans have no side windows and a worse blind spot then the ute. I drove on for 6 years so I know why to reverse in. The second part of the course was how to reverse and reverse parallel park. Simple. Not so much for the young bloke. I cringed a few times seeing my ute come within a hair of the parked cars. When I jumped in his van, first thing I noticed was the mirrors were skywards and there was no reference to the car at all no matter how far I leant around. No wonder he drives using other cars as brail.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote