View Single Post
Old 22-06-2019, 11:09 PM   #5
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: 120 people killed in DIY car maintenance accidents in Australia since 2000

I am so grateful to my Father who was a Ford mechanic back in the 60s and 70s for engraining into me the right and safe ways to work on cars.
1. Never get under a car that's on a jack and not properly supported and stable.
2. Always wear steel capped boots, imagine if something cast iron fell on your foot.
3. No naked flames and heat/ignition sources around open petrol containers and fumes.
4. If you're frustrated and it just isn't going right, leave it and come back later.

There are lots of other life saving rules but mostly common sense and thinking ahead
about all the things that could go wrong an properly controlling them so you can't get
hurt and that includes working on your own.

and make sure you do things in the right order like putting the sandwich plate on before the flex plate and gearbox, otherwise you'll be pulling it all apart and doing again...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
19 users like this post: