Thread: Crypto $$$
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2017, 01:44 PM   #75
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Crypto $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Crypto sure is a lot different to the stock exchanges if that stuff is common and accepted - can you imagine the meltdown if a stock exchange was to drop 10-15%, let alone 50%?

Do the stock traders also play with crypto these days, or do they think themselves 'above' it all or don't understand it enough to be involved? With some of the major swings it looks like there is potential for big gains (which I would have thought would have attracted them), but then that also means there is potential for massive losses.

I decided to have a half-hearted shot at it, but nothing like the guys right into it in terms of amount invested and day-trading or minute trading. Took the wise advice earlier in this thread to only gamble what I am willing and able to lose...set up an account on BTC Market, grabbed 350 ripple at $1.03 AUD early this week, and will just hang on to it and simply check in monthly throughout next year to see where it is at and if anything has happened.

That's as far as I will ever go - no trading in and out of crypto on regular basis, no buying more of what I have. Only thing I will do from here (also suggested earlier) is, if it were to take off, sell enough to cover what I have invested.

If it turns to crap then all I have done is lost less than what I would spend across a Clipsal weekend...if it stays roughly where it is then I lose very little or lose nothing.
Yes, Bitcoin was just been accepted into the futures market by some Exchanges.
However, the problem with Bitcoin & altcoins is there is no formal control in place unlike share trading where everything is above board and regulated.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: