View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&BXR6
Seriously, how hard can it be to put a turbo onto a BF XR6

There's a fair few differences between a NA XR6 and the T version from factory. The engine itself is different (lower static compression better conrods and valve springs etc.), then there's the turbo, intercooler, pipework, ECU is different (it's got extra inputs and outputs, not just the tune), this means the engine loom is different too, gearboxes are different (auto's are strenthened, different torque converter, manuals get bigger clutches), diff is different (non turbo get s BW78, turbo and V8 get the BW84), those little turbo badges aren't cheap (lol).

I'm sure I've forgotten stuff. So parts will cost you a bit, plus it's essentially a full rebuild of the car, so labour will kill you. If you could do the work yourself it'd still probably take several weekends (car unusable for weeks).

As suggested, investigate a car swap instead, will be cheaper both now and in the long term.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
data_mine is offline   Reply With Quote