View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 10:09 AM   #28
AlbertM
Cracked Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Gayner
Was under my car checking out the buggered diff about a week ago. I was in a hurry and no one was around to help me push the shitter so I had the car jacked up on the grass. Both of the stands collapsed into the grass at the same time and the car came down on me. Thank god the peice of shit is stock height and still had it's wheels on, or I would surely had been severely injured or possibly killed. It hurt like hell but I managed to get out from under the car (fuel tank landed on me, bent a little). Tell ya what though, the site of a car falling off the jack stands while you are under it is the scariest thing I have ever seen.
Go out and buy a lotto ticket!

Only have one slip up. Just got my P's and had the XD for about a 1month it needed and engine overhaul, new bearings, pistons, cam, lifters head re done and so on. Anyhow to cut cost I went for a second hand cam shaft, $50 and near brand new, how could I loose. After 3 hrs of putting the engine back in the car(I was so proud I did it all by myself and I was only 17).

While trying to start the car it was hard to crank over, flames shot out the carby and a big clunk. Took the tappet cover off and 2 push rods are bent.

Point is, don't put a 250 side flow cam into a 4.1l cross flow engine.