View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 03:34 AM   #24
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Dropping the diff to play with the rear suspension. Had the car on a hoist, shockers unbolted, diff wouldn't drop fully. Got in the back to find one of the shockers had a lip on the rod, it'd caught on the body. Easy enough, I'll just flick it out of the way. BIG MISTAKE! The weight of the diff pulled the shocker right down, and the nut on the end of it cleaned up my fingers on the way past. Lots of blood that day.

Over tightening my rocker cover bolts and busting the rocker pedestals.

When I put the BBM on the first time I put the fuel lines on with the manifold on the engine. The bastard leaked fuel when I turned it off. Looking under the car I saw it coming off the fuel hose to line connection. I put so many bloody hose clamps on it beyond FT but the bastard kepr leaking. Later on we had a decent look at saw the fuel leaking from the fuel hose to rail connection and running down the hose......

Crushed a spark plug lead getting said BBM on.

Exhaust leaks. I should of never pulled it apart.

Putting a hose clamp on the rear brake lines for some private road fun. Couldn't figure out why the rear brakes were locking on. After about 3 shots I remembered the EA-ED hand brake actually closed the calipers, it's not a drum hand brake. Put the hose clamp on with the hand brake off and boy did that set of tyres cop it.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote