View Single Post
Old 20-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #119
Alpha_omega
Starter Motor

Default Re: The Oil Change Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mn00b View Post
An update on the approved oils situation...

Well I recently had the car serviced and this is the first time I've used the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved Liqui Moly Leichtlauf Special F 5W-30

It's certainly no worse than the Ford WSS-M2C 913-B approved Liqui Moly Leichtlauf Special 5W-30 that I was using before it, and it seems that power at low revs is a delivered smoother. Engine doesn't seem to labour as easily such as when going slow over speed humps or when I'm a bit slow on the clutch taking off.

Anyway decided to have a look around at what is now available on the market and noticed that the Penrite HPR 5 (5W-40) Full Syn now meets Ford WSS-M2C 913-B. Being 5w40 this oil should offer better protection in hotter climates, especially our summers... and this oil should be readily available at any Autobarn or Supercheap which is a big plus in my books

Have also found the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved AnglomOil Roadmaster GEO 550F is quite readily available around Sydney but only in 20 litre drums =\

However... I decided to enquire into Total oils again since my experience using Elf oils has been positive and good news! I have been emailing to and fro with the NSW distributor for Total oils and the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved Total Quartz 9000 Future NFC 5W30 can now be ordered in!

The oil is available in a box of 3 x 5litre bottles for $149.82 plus gst and free delivery in Sydney metro which is a lot less per bottle than I'm currently paying for the Liqui Moly.

They're waiting for stock but I think I will buy some. Since I do changes at 7,500km I'll get through them pretty quickly but if anyone around western Sydney wants some I'll be happy to let go of a bottle or 2

Hi rand0mn00b, how are you finding the ELF oil ? is it better or comparable to liquid moly and could you tell me where in sydney you are buying them from, that price is pretty good, thanks.
Alpha_omega is offline   Reply With Quote