View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #227
SmokinXR50

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

All,
It has been great reading every ones contribution to this thread.

I was a pack a day smoker (pack of 25's that is) from about the age of 21 through to about 42.
I had tried several times to quit, got as far as the 18 month mark and would cave in.
3 years ago as the price of a pack of 25's was nudging $20 I decided it was time to quit again. For me is was the money that became the driving factor in wanting to quit. In the end it does not matter what is your driving force as long as it is clear in your mind.
This time around I adopted the motto "Never stop, giving up"
I knew that during the early stages I would be prone to stuffing up and having a dart. I made a commitment that each time this happened I had to nominate a new "Quit Date", it may have been the next day or the next week but I had to lock it down. Once I hit that date I would start again.
I used patches and gum initially, then gum then just good old will power.
It took me 6 or 7 attempts before I broke through.
Now 3 years on it has been the best thing I ever did, but at the same time I also acknowledge that "Once a smoker, always a smoker", I am very careful not to let my guard down as I know from previous experience it only takes one dart to get me started.

So to put it simply "NEVER STOP GIVING UP!!!! YOU WILL GET THERE!!!!!!"

Cheers,

Chris
SmokinXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: