View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 11:12 PM   #95
moneypit

Default Re: Even hotter Kia Stinger in the works

I don't mean to share my opinion without checking for toes first...

But in my book the Falcon Wagon has been replaced by the Ford Transit and the F-150/F-250.

And the "Falcon" sedan has been replaced either by these silly sports cars from Korea or whatever Mustang Ford can cough up. I personally hate the Mustang. The Fox body was so small I couldn't fit in it even if I broke both my legs off.

Amerikants seem to like really small cars for some reason and I suspect this is the reason why the yanks pushed so hard to kill the Falcon. Because they expect a sports car to be a coupe.

If you want a "falcon" thats utilitarian then you are looking at getting an F-150/F-250 now.

If you want a "falcon" for sporty driving then the F-150 still fills that gap. Check out Season 22 of Top gear's review of the F-150, in that episode Clarkson goes on and on about how great it is off the line, how well it handles, etc. Despite the incredible height increases.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD4S5kK7s0o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKtFJxGzJX8

If us aussies want to keep the utilitarian side of Ford going we need to join up with the yanks and go out and buy F-150s, apparently. But of course that won't happen. I'm honestly hand in heart for the homegrown Falcon but despite the Falcon being home grown I doubt we would pull off having it ever built here in Australia again.

So that means the F-250 and whatever asian piece of **** shopping trolly gives you a boner is king right now.

I would honestly go for a Barra powered dual cab F-150/F-250 but I'm going to keep buying 2nd hand Falcon Wagons because they're cheap reliable and comfortable and aren't crazy on the fuel consumption.

Its either that or go to war with the yanks for killing our Falcon and breaking away from the US Ford and making our own local Ford company, then taking the property rights away from US Ford for the Falcon. Maybe the next model should be called the Falcon Phoenix. Rising from the ashes.

Last edited by moneypit; 14-06-2017 at 11:35 PM.