View Single Post
Old 14-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #1606
perthfggsute

Default Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

been working fifo for 21 yrs,but man im struggling now,just finished 6 months contract at wiluna,waiting to go to the tanami desert job,with same mob,if anyone here is trying to get into the mines,easiest way is through the labour hire doing shut downs,hey yeah its crap,but its yr best way in IF you dont have someone on the inside,to show how bad its got over here,been doing this for 21 yrs here and some yrs in nz,im down to doing shut downs and i hate them but better than nothing,when i got here in aus i was picked up in 4 days,BUT i had a trade,boilermaker,so that made it alot easier to get in,i always got my jobs off my own back,i did not ring old bosses saying hey im looking,i still wont do that even though i have good references off all previous bosses.all i can suggest is put yr name with all labour hire places,check on seek every day 3 times preferably,if you can afford it do some courses,the following being important...working at heights...confined space...white card/blue card...anything else is a bonus of course.
for myself i think my age is working against me,which is not fair as i know what im doing etc im very aware of the safety based atmosphere,but i realise its just the way some HR people are,i have worked on 38 different mine and construction sites,so i know what im doing inside out,ok hope this helps ,hope this helps someone,but right now in W.A at least it is pretty grim,if im struggling with my experience,well it could be tough to break in,but it is not impossible,Kryton what state are you in,as if your in W.A if i do get the tanami job i will get you to send me your resume, i will see if i can get you a look in,ok mate.they are a company that i noticed gave people a start that were green as,but it got them started.ok ford lovers back to having a few before dinner.

Tuned by Monsta Torque
395.2 KW
610 NM
3.07 diff ratio (changed from original 3.73)
6 spot brembo's on the front
3 inch manta cat back exhaust with X piece
6 speed manual
k & n air filter
rear calipers painted red
debadged stripes etc removed
perthfggsute is offline   Reply With Quote