View Single Post
Old 14-10-2022, 01:48 PM   #214
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: AU V8 models: Basic questions answered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowNotSlow View Post
Hi all.

Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Looking for a good mechanic in Melbourne to help me with some work on my AU2 XR8 sedan.

I'm looking for someone who loves these cars ideally, has plenty of experience, can do just about anything (including sourcing and mods), and knows people who can do what they can't.

The vehicle is not original, and so I'm not concerned with aftermarket gear, I want to get a bit more punch, uplift/upgrade interior, and repaint.

I'm happy to spend money, but would like to plan it out (sequence the work), so I don't have to have anything redone.

I'm not looking to race or drag the car, I want a punchy, solid, reliable street car, that will keep trucking for years to come.

Recommendations welcome.

Thanks,
Matt
Hi Matt, and welcome to AFF.

To be up front, I don't live in Victoria so I can't help you with recommending a mechanic.

I do own several AU falcons with one being an XR8. I do most of the work on them myself so I may be able to help with some of the simpler stuff.

If you are looking for advice on what mods work (and don't necessarily work) then I am sure that the members around here can help.

I would suggest that you start your own thread about the car so that you can ask questions about it etc without your posts getting lost amongst other questions about other things.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: