View Single Post
Old 26-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #339
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 
Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Falcon draws too much on the past, that's why buyers are moving on.....
I want to be able to consider the xr6/xr6t against the focus st for a future purchase... but I just can't. The falcon is now at a stage where its poor value for money. To compete they need to be more realistic with their pricing, you can't market a thirsty, poorly equipped, overweight plastic fantastic sedan at a $35k entry point...

Thin out the line, drop the xt and make the G6 the entry vehicle, introduce a turbo diesel

The lineup I'd like to see with engine packaging, get some global loving going.

Falcon (no badge) to replace XT and G6 for taxi and fleet market $29k petrol / $32k diesel
- Ecoboost 2.0 standard (184kw/340nm)
- Optional 2.0 Turbo Diesel (120kW/340nm)

Falcon XR, XRD and XR6T Can't really get away with dropping the xr6 naming $32k petrol / $36k diesel / $40k v6t
- Ecoboost 2.0 standard
- Optional 3.2 Turbo Diesel (147kW/470nm)
- Optional Ecoboost 3.5 V6 (272kw/475nm)

Falcon Ti, TiD, and Ti6T To replace G6E and G6ET $35k petrol / $38k diesel / $42k v6t
- Standard Ecoboost 2.0 standard (184kw/340nm)
- Standard 3.2 Turbo Diesel (147kW/470nm)
- Optional Ecoboost 3.5 V6 (272kw)

All components manufactured overseas. Assembly and testing performed in Australia. Future models to switch to fomoco global base (...lightened version of the fg base would be pretty killer I think...)

FPV excluded because they're niche, should probably be treated like AMG, M, RS badging on euro models.

Bit of a wishlist I suppose... unfortunately Australian auto journalist would sink it all with their negativity.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!

Last edited by martinijosh; 27-03-2013 at 12:05 AM.
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote