View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 06:38 PM   #1637
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Fellas
Do yourselves a massive favour get out of SM - making excuses re marketplace etcetc it’s a very ugly world in there with a lot of sic people.
My observations
Never had an account my SM is here and couple of messenger groups like minded mates got me in somehow.
You don’t need it.
I see the probs that has occurred through my 17yr old daughter - it invaded her day to day life in turn my wife and I what we have to deal with - as well as hearing seeing from people like yourselves.
Hey I’m surviving no worries without it - am I missing out - tbh I couldn’t give a toss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely agree FTE, never had any accounts beyond a mates' chat and typing here on FF. Was very happy to see son ditch it as medical school took over his attention, he reckons it was terrible for achieving anything.

Little story for the anxiety, depression. Nearly died a couple of times now, it's a medical condition, was traumatic and so anxiety comes up in the rehab. Maybe PTSD? Dunno. Definitely don't enjoy driving as much as I used to. Will try to keep cruisy as much as I can. Career got nuked when about 31 because of it, so no more high powered flying everywhere doing Important Things... and happier for it all things considered.

One relative about my age did nearly 20 years of the FIFO and working up in the NW, end result heart Arrhythmia, survival and thankfully a reset to do more cruisy things, locally.

For anyone feeling like it all isn't working, my moment was the terror in the hospital and ICU, being wheeled into the ultrasound, actually looking at my own body parts on screen and going "Hey, that's beautiful. I want to stay around." Then there was quite a bit of prayer.

The anxiety is real, like really creates actual perceptions or feelings of pain which is just nuts from a rational perspective, but I have been taught to observe it, endure it, and then watch it pass. I remain afterward: so I detach myself from my ego doing the panic stuff. For me it passes right to left, it's weird af. No longer out of control and can manage more and more things.

Even weirder is I'm reading "Dune" at present and almost exactly the same thing is mentioned by the characters!

Wishing you all, all the best in life and happiness.