View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 05:37 PM   #1636
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
time for an infrequent check in.

for the last 5 or so months I have been covering other people's jobs at work, less time off, more responsibility, more stress but unable to really take time off as the work would pile up around me and impact on a number of people..

I finally recognised that I was at breaking point with the mental health and suffering signs of burn out - angry at the world, angry at work, everything was bothering me and making me not pleasant to be around.

I have just had a week or two off work and was due to return today, but I am really not ready to return yet. I am waiting to see the doctor again asap. The sick leave I had coincided with school holidays, so while I got to spend time with the kids I didn't really get any 'me' time to do my thing. Hoping this week will allow me to clear my head and get back next week.

I still find it hard to claim sick leave when I don't look sick and can manage to mask how I feel when needed. but that's something I need to get over.

I'm trying to use this week to clean up diet, move more and exercise, hopefully get some sunshine, and get myself on track so I don't end up back on anti depressants again as I don't personally like the feeling of the medication.

hope everyone is doing well or can find the support and help they need
And that's how some employers expect people to work, do more and more and more without stopping to think about the fact you are doing the work of 3 people. Sometimes they get lucky and find a sucker, sometimes that stress builds up till the point you find yourself in.

I know how you are feeling. Being burnt out is not fun, it becomes a short cycle of exhaustion, anger and hatred that gets repeated every single day. I also understand feeling like the time off is not deserved because of what's going on in your mind rather than what shows on the outside. I do the same, there are days where I have had an absolute gutful, decided that I will take a day off, then still get up and go to work the next day for fear of letting someone else down, in the process letting myself down.

You have done the right thing in making the decision to have a break, so please allow yourself to let go and simply be yourself. Listen to music or a podcast, get some fresh sunshine on your skin, go swimming, take a hot bath.............do whatever is going to bring you back to earth and let go of the stress. As I'm sure you know, that can be easier said than done, but it's clear your mind and body have done what they needed to get you to STOP and regroup.

Take care of yourself.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: