View Single Post
Old 29-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #12
xr6eta

Default Re: BOSS 290 into BA XR8

As per my previous post, FPV spares in Sydney quoted $11,500 for a 315 conversion with manual/auto gearbox, computer the works. $1500 cheaper if you leave your old Boss with them. I don't know if a 290 would be any cheaper and I only got a conversion price because I wouldn't know where to start with a conversion and if I did, I don't have anywhere to do it anyway.

I asked about Coyote engines and they said they could do it but the conversion would be around $20-25K. Don't know if that's good or not.

I won't be doing a conversion for some time but definately want to get my homework done on value for money and bang for buck. I hope you don't think I'm stealing this thread but it appears as though it was done with, apologies if it wasn't.

Any opinions on a 315 over a coyote at those prices quoted, given what could probably be done to a 315 for the extra dollars. Happy to take all opinions on board. This is not for a track car or to be thrashed, I would just like something a little unique and I think a converted Xr8 would probably surprise a few people when the bonnet gets popped, as well the extra power.
xr6eta is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: