View Single Post
Old 25-08-2019, 10:16 PM   #14
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back in the day what car would you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeomatureguy View Post
Hi Mick,
Ive always loved motor cars ever since i was a younger.
I remember at the age of 13 years old seeing Allan moffats Mustang racing around oran park.

My other members of my family apart from one brother don't share my passion for motor cars.

when i was 21 years old long time ago now my sister gave me her old car which need some work.

It was a 1964 Chev belair with a 307 chev motor and really great cruising car. I got the motor fixed up and got it spray painted and had it for years till rust ate the chassis away and it couldn't be fixed.

What a great car to cruise around in apart from the brakes which i lost one night at 11pm after a rear wheel cylinder started leaking and the brake fluid leaked out the back of the wheel cylinder.

I managed not to hit anything and i was driving thru the back streets of Paddington in Sydney that night so lady luck was looking down on me that night.
Yep I was car mad from 3yo, I misted out on going to Bathurst and all that in it's hey days 1968 to 1984 and then about to 1996 when Perky last won with a 308 Holden engine, then I gave up on such as just rubbish.

I loved the Holden Ford rivalry at the track they were real great days of stirring the possum and making some people get so wound up that they could make them dance. some Valiant people were about the traps as well to wind up .
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote