Thread: Fence price
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #27
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Fence price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
The calculator GC linked is interesting, but misses a few things besides labour and tipping. It's presumed the posts are supplied with triple mortising.
  • Nicking (bevel cutting the top corners) of posts and palings
  • Concrete
  • Posts are cited as "100mm" so presumably not the NSW common 150×50
For NSW prices on materials you might look at either Ace or Rouse Hill Landscape Supplies besides Bunnies. The latter have rail mortices offset so the palings are flush with one post edge.

I sympathise with the six neighbours; I have five in Sydney and re-fencing is always a balancing act - you try to delay renewal until requiring a good length all in one job so it doesn't look "bitsy". Some I did myself, others were by Ford nut Barry Gibson (look for the ute registered BG-351). All mine are painted, it helps them recede and thus the yard looks larger.
The current fence is only a 4 footer so its deffinately not a privacy fence like the 6 foot colourbond around most of my place and my neighbors place. She likes the fact the smaller fence doesnt box her yard in per say and i agree. Neither of us are nudists or anything sus so keeping to something similar is more so you can say hello over the fence mowing the lawn or whatever. Makes the backyards seem bigger too. The agreement is non treated so it ages and looks alright. If the current fence wasnt falling over, thats the desired look. She isnt exactly swimming in cash and neither am i when it comes to left field expenses, but its the sort of thing that if im not at work and can offer a hand, im not a carpenter but know a thing about meausuring and cutting as thats most trade 101 and i do work a trade, ill offer a hand if its going to help out. If not ill just do the bottlo runs.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote