View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 06:31 PM   #56
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
What is ALWAYS missed by these 'eco warriors' is the elephant in the room - the number of humans on this planet growing at an exponential rate.
No not really. The Greens until recently advocated for zero population growth (at least in Australia) and I think that is a general trait amongst greenies. Their belief is that a finite resource ie the earth, cannot sustain continuing population growth.

Bob Brown was and still is a proponent for lowering Australian population growth and from memory he was also an advocate of some sort of economic model that didn't rely on continual increase in consumption. Don't know too much about that one as I don't really follow along with their policies.