View Single Post
Old 22-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #94
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timf350
We are thinking of buying a XR5 MB Mondeo. After reading this thread I am having second thoughts. How often does this problem happen ? Has any one come up with a fix. Can I take the car to some one to prevent this happening to us? We live in country NSW and if we have to go to a Sydney I would be OK with that 3.5 hrs away. As much as we like the car if I told her about this problem she and I would not be into taking a chance with what is otherwise a good car IMO.Can anyone help with some information on this.
Forums such as this are a place to discuss issues. People search issues out and if they haven't had an issue they probably won't search for an issue they haven't had. Or they are like you and just doing some research.

I've had a flat battery in my Mondeo, which meant a trip to the dealer on the back of a truck and two days away. It can happen, but others had a flat battery and didn't require the trip I had to do.

I don't think that something might happen to you should put off a purchase. It's been five months since the last post (and over two since the first), so it isn't something that's happening and being reported on here that often. I'll probably be proved wrong.

$0.02
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote