Thread: 15000Km Service
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Katoomba

That was painless except for paying the bill!

They have had to order the little plastic part that holds the string of the boot cover onto the hatch lid frame. The flapping passenger side carpet in the footwell was fixed and the rear mudflap which fell off was replaced. The hatch lid water into boot problem will be forwarded onto Ford.

Back to the bill: $271 for 1 hour 10 mins plus consumerables seems a bit steep to me for what is only an oil change (I've always had my doubts about the checked this and that ...).

Do they really need to charge $6.50 for degreaser, $9.50 for engine oil flush and $9.50 for fuel cleaner? I wonder what Shop Supplies $16.77 was for?

The most interesting charge is one I've never seen before: Environmental Levy - waste oil $7.50.

I might seem a bit cynical here but I went to school with the owner of what is probably Australia's largest motor group and I've never forgotten the stories he told me about car servicing.

The dealer does provide one good service idea: they are open to 11pm at night which is great for dropping off and picking up the car.

Finally, my Laser which has now down 260,000 kms has always been serviced by Kmart at Katoomba where the customer service, work and prices has always been the best I've experienced in 43 years of car ownership. I gotta feeling I'll be back there very soon.

PS They forgot to stamp the service book!!
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote