View Single Post
Old 30-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #48
Wiggy333

Default Re: CK18km? gtv6 capri,

Hi all, so how do you really identify a true V6 capri. I came from Perth and went via Adelaide to view the Black Capri in Daw Park asking price of $19000.00 when I got there the slam panel had a CK14 number the strut tower whilst painted as well as engine bay with almost underbody deadener showed no signs of any number. The triangle braces at the booster and other side looked like they were screwed on. To be fair to the seller the front panel had well and truly been replaced maybe from an accident, it did have the little extra brackets the triangles at the top of the guards. It did have three bolt hole crossmember. The motor was not matching numbers to the Vin Plate, so I left it alone. the main thing being the strengthening brackets that looked dodgy. So on my CK18km car the front panel is original unless a master installed it and believe me that has not happened. The earlier post regarding a restamped strut number doesn't seem possible as their is no other number and on top of that you have a completely wrongly stamped Vin number that Ford agrees is original. So my Question is firstly how can you tell, Secondly can someone put a picture of where the stampings should be and of the Font that was used to identify these. I will put a picture of my strut stamp up when I get back home but i am sure there is no others as I have removed all the paint. Bear in mind it is probably best to shade out a number or two so they can't be copied. This guy obviously knew their was an issue as he said many have looked at it and its been for sale for a while. Any help would be appreciated. Keith
Wiggy333 is offline   Reply With Quote