View Single Post
Old 30-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #70
Optional

Default Re: Qld flash for cash cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by getabout View Post
While I hate the way we are being increasingly put under surveillance I would love to have private cars randomly fitted with speed cameras, with the owner's permission of course. Just imagine if idiot speeders are fearful that the "old bomb" they see coming towards them is effectively a 'cop' car !! The cameras could be swapped on a regular basis and maybe a small reward for the carrier of it. The limits may seem a bit restrictive but have been worked out very carefully. The risk of crash or severe injury increases quite dramatically after 100kmh for example. The limits are not just there to stop crashes but to limit the following damage. If people want to be children ("aww look at me going so fast and getting sideways") they shouldn't be on the road. Let them go to a private racetrack to fulfill their boy-racer fantasies because innocent people being killed or mangled is no joke!
Marked and unmarked police patrol cars, mobile and on the side of the road, were the best deterrent against me speeding there has ever been.
Optional is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: