View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #89
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Default Re: Outstanding service!!

Albany Car Stereo in W.A

I have put this story elsewhere, but thougt it would be good in this thread.

Had a $600-$700 stereo budget for the Fairmont. Went to a guy i town who convinced me that the Fusion setup I was saving $300 on was just as good, however he could not fit the system as he was going away and thankfully he gave me the number of the guy who used to do his fitting and did some work from home. So this guy did the install and right away I sent him a msg asking why it was so terrible, he warned me thaat I amy not be happy. Anyway long story short I took the fusion back, but the stereo place had absolutely nothing in stock, so went to the place where this guy who did my install now works. Got an Alpine mech less player, with bluetooth handsfree, for $160 (only 50 more than the Fusion), he gave me a harness so that I could use the wiring he had already done with the Alpine and gave me a harness to put back with the Fusion so it could be resold by the other mob.

He then warned me that he would rather I wait a week and he do the install even though it was easy, because I should not trust them. But he told me how to do it anyway (myfacia is one which has cigarette lighter and dual USB charging points, not just a pocket to fill the gap) and just said to watch them. Well I ended up in their workshop doing most of the work, their guy could not even get my new head unit back into the dash. So I just said leave it, got my refund and went round to the other bloke to give him a laugh and even though he was super busy, took 15mins out of his day to install it properly. Charged me nothing, and the sound was automatically 100 times better, but the sub is still rubbish. So now I am going back next week to get an option audio ported sub and amp package, 600w RMS amp with 12" Sub in an enclosure, $350 plus fitting, then will sell this Fusion or take it back and get my $200 based on them selling me something, that cleaarly was not suited to a sedan whilst assuring me it would work in my car.

So I wanted to just give a thanks to Albany Car Stereo for all the time spent helping me during business hours the last 2 days.

Won't name the other mob as although a sour taste has been left in my mouth, they did refund my stereo an will prob refund my Sub.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote