View Single Post
Old 18-12-2015, 07:40 PM   #52
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 476kw LS9 HSV GTS-R....

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Commodore had the privilege of going out with a bang, while falcon passed away peacefully in its sleep, while on life support, and MoFoCo Detroit never even bothered to visit it in hospital or go to its funeral...
Oh come on! The Falcon got a sticker pack!

I dunno why anyone would get their panties in a knot over it though. I don't speak for everyone but I have no intentions to sell my 4yr old GS as I am happy with it despite it being "outdated" and I am in no way jealous or feel it is inadequate to newer models, as it does everything I need it to. It plays music, looks good, sounds good, goes fast and is fun to drive. No amounts of trinkets like your sports mode/track mode/race mode dials or lane guidance or crash avoidance sensors will change that, and if anything I think they would detract from the raw personality and power. I guess the same could be said for all the people that have the classic cars and never "traded up". I guess it really depends what you own the car for and where your passions lie.

The Ford/Holden rivalry had to eventually come to an end and someone would have to end on a bigger kW figure. It just happens to be Holden, but I don't see why anyone would be disappointed in Ford. Get a tune on any of your coyotes or turbos and you'll spank the GTS-R anyway so we're all winners!
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler