View Single Post
Old 15-03-2017, 06:35 AM   #14
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Posts in threads acting weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz View Post
Yep, that's it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz
My desktop is fine, just the phone is a problem...only happened today for some strange reason
Just took a pic of the problem, this is one of my posts in my build thread which should contain a couple of pics...

Also noticed that the green Donating Member font has been replaced with "donating member 1" and "achievements" text has a box highlighting around it too??
The replacement of the image with text is indication that your browser isn't downloading the element (image in this case) probably because it sees those as insecure. The achievements box has always had a text box surrounding it!

The issue we have at the moment is that we are still supporting SSL2 and SSL3 even though they are not recommended for use with SSL any more and more modern browsers will see those as insecure (which they actually are). Not all browsers, however, yet support the three varieties of TLS (the replacement for SSL) and neither does our current server OS.

At this stage, clearing cache should provide a temp fix and the users most impacted are probably Safari users as it has no tolerance for non TLS elements.

We have upgraded the test server to the latest OS version and will work toward an Easter migration to that server.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: