View Single Post
Old 18-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #72
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Default Re: Euthanasia - your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hi JD, my concern is imo anything is possible in this day & age & in the near future. These new concepts of fake news, post truth, whistleblower laws etc is creeping to become "normal". Those new "norms" do not instill confidence in me considering what is happening around the world ATM & potentially what can happen in the future..

I just now lost my father in law to cancer, so yes I share the same humane opinion expressed by many in previous posts. Independent organisation & (if possible) regulator would get my approval.

cheer's, Maka
Hey Maka, I sensed that your rhetoric was along those lines and I fully understand the position you are coming from. You have certainly raised a thought-provoking narrative.

Overall, I think that there are so many social, economic and cultural differences between Australia of today and the Germany of ~80 years ago that a truly objective comparison between the two societies is an impossibility by it's very nature. The only reason the T4 Program could be initiated was due to the autocratic nature of the German government in that day and age. I find it hard to even imagine a similar operation being propagated by any modern democratic nation.

I'm sorry for your loss. All the best to you and your family.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: